Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Pleasures of the notice period

A notice period is the period between submitting your resignation and the last day at the job. In my case, the notice period is 2 months. Though it seemed pretty long at first, I must say it's needed or that I needed it; especially when you're trying to end almost a decade of your career. Therefore this dedicated blogpost!

At first I thought that this period would bring with it mixed feelings. On the contrary, those feelings have been only that of joy. It gives you the opportunity to look back at all those years; ponder on the memories, experiences and most of all - the people you've come in contact with. For me, it's that people factor that has brought the joy. I've been taking the time to talk to most people who've been a part of my life at my current job and during all of those conversations not only have I renewed my contact with the person but genuinely learnt more about him/her and created a deeper bond. These conversations are nothing like the many we've had in the past years. They bring something new - they're about motivation, passion and all of those things that makes you wanna work in this field.

My most cherished format has been the one-to-one lunches. And I have had many! Dinners and drinks reach a broader audience but aint as personal. Although I look forward to each of those moments. With less than a month to go and couple of evenings & lunches planned, I hope to bundle the last decade and store it in a very special place in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment