Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A tribute to Steve Jobs

I offer my tribute to Steve Jobs. A great man was he! I have never met him (although I so wished to have), I do not own any of his creations, but I truly respect the greatest enterpreneur of my field.

I have been hearing about Apple and Steve Jobs for almost a decade now. Somehow I had only associated him with Apple and innovations within it. Until I heard the commencement speech he gave at Stanford in 2005. One of the most inspiring speeches I've heard. That speech revealed a whole different side of Steve Jobs to me. It made him one of my role models.

What I took away from the speech?
- Stay hungry, Stay foolish
- Spend life doing things you truly love

May he rest in peace!

2 comments:

  1. Here're my fav words from that magnificent speech:

    "The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work, is to love what you do. And if you haven't found it yet, keep looking and don't settle. As what all matters of the heart, you know when you find it. And like any great relationship it just gets better as the years roll on. So keep looking, and don't settle!"

    Have that one permanently open on my desktop ;)

    PS: I believe the speech is dated 2005? Doesn't distract from its greatness though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it! That paragraph gives me goosebumps each time I hear it (which I must say is quite often).
    Thanks for the correction of the year. Updated the post :)

    ReplyDelete