Wednesday, March 30, 2011

First goodbye mail

Already 7 years into my career and finally have the opportunity to write a Goodbye mail. At some level I always thought that they would be fun to write. After all, it’s not always or everyday that you get a chance to thank everyone you interacted or worked with.

Tomorrow’s my last working day at the current customer. I have been working with them for 11 months. I don’t wish to leave without writing them a goodbye mail.

I have put lot of thought in writing the mail. As it’s the first time I’m writing it, I do not have any templates which I can adhere to. Also I do not wish to copy someone else’s template. Plus I feel that such mails should be coming from one’s heart and are not to be written only to fulfill some norm/formality. I know I wouldn’t be writing one if it was just formality.

I feel the need to thank the people I have worked with. They have been a crucial part of my working environment the past year and I have learnt a lot from them. Now moving on to the next assignment taking everything what I learnt at the present customer.

2 comments:

  1. Reading just the title I thought that you were quitting your current _employer_ altogether!

    Do you already have a new assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... nope! Not an assignment yet, but had an intake today. Let's see how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete